Zinio, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full color, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. Browse from your library’s collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
The Southwest Kansas Library System Zinio Project, is a joint venture between the libraries in southwest Kansas and the Southwest Kansas Library System to provide digital magazines for library patrons.
Alphabetical list of available magazines (magazines in red are available in Spanish)
You will need to create two (2) accounts to use Zinio for Libraries.
- One account for the Library portal (http://zinio.swkls.org) where you can check out magazines for free.
- One account with www.zinio.com to read magazines and manage your library online or via the Zinio app on your mobile device or computer.
Both accounts must use the same email address in order to synch properly. If you create a Library Portal account using a different email address than your existing Zinio.com account, you can edit your Zinio.com account to change your email address on record to match.
Please be aware – You can only check out magazines for free via the Library portal. If you subscribe to any magazine directly through Zinio.com or the Zinio app – you will be charged for it.
Zinio.com and the Zinio app offer “Free Samples” but these are not free magazines from the Library. If you choose to partake of any of these “Free Samples” you will be asked to pay for them after a certain number of issues.
Zinio.com may send you emails offering you the opportunity to pay for a subscription to a magazine that you receive through the Library portal. You do not have to pay for any magazine that you checked out through the Library portal.
To opt out of promotional emails from Zinio, sign in to your account at Zinio.com, hover over your name in the upper-right and click Account settings. On your account settings page, click Preferences on the left and change your Email Preferences.
Creating your Account on the Library Portal:
(The Library Portal will be where you checkout your magazines)
- On the Library portal, (http://zinio.swkls.org)- click Create New Account in the upper-right corner.
- Enter your library’s access code + your library card number. The library access code for is a 4 or 5 digit code you can obtain from your library. So you would enter something that looks like this: abc123456
- In the pop-up window – enter your name, email address, and the password of your choice.
- Click the Create Account button.
Once your account is created, you’ll automatically be logged in and can begin to browse the Library’s collection and check out magazines.
Creating your Zinio.com Account
(The zinio.com account will be the account you use for reading any magazines you checkout)
- Go to www.zinio.com and click on Signup in the upper right corner.
- Enter your name, email address , and the password of your choice. You also have the choice of whether or not you wish to receive promotional emails from Zinio.com. These emails are not affiliated with the your local library.
- Click Register.
Zinio Account Creation Video:
Browsing the Library’s Zinio Collection:
There are three ways to browse the Library’s magazine collection:
- Go to the Library portal (http://zinio.swkls.org). (Remember you will always check out magazines in the portal)
- Scroll through the cover display.
- Conduct a title search.
- Select an option from the drop-down topics menu.
Checking Out Your First Magazines:
- When you find a magazine you want to check out, click on it and then click Complete Checkout
- You’ll be presented with the option to Start Reading or Continue Browsing.
- When you’re ready to start reading, you’ll be redirected to www.zinio.com and asked to login if you haven’t already.
Your new magazine will now appear in Your Library on Zinio.com.
PLEASE NOTE: If you already have an existing Zinio.com account, you can sign in with it to complete your check out.
Once you have your Zinio.com account set up, simply sign in the next time you wish to add a magazine issue or manage Your Library on Zinio.com.
Checking Out and Reading Library Zinio Magazines Video:
Magazines can be read online when you login to Zinio.com or via the Zinio app for your computer or mobile device. You can find the Zinio app at the bottom of the Library portal, on Zinio.com, or by searching your device’s app store.
- Magazines are checked out on an individual issue basis. Check back often for new issues!
- Back issues of some titles are available from Summer 2013 – present.
- All downloaded issues of each magazine remain in your Zinio.com library unless you delete them.
Occasionally, you may need to logout of the Zinio app on your mobile device and log back in to synch your library.
Managing Your Library:
Login to your account on Zinio.com and manage your magazine collection by clicking on Your Library in the top menu. Once on your library page, click Edit your reading list to remove magazines. (You can also access your Zinio library if you’re logged into the Library portal, by clicking on Go to My Checked-out Magazines on the right above the drop-down topics menu.)
If you change your mind or remove a magazine by accident, you can restore it. From Your Library page on Zinio.com, select View removed in the second drop-down menu and click Edit your reading list to restore magazines.
Managing Your Zinio.com Account:
Login to your account on Zinio.com and hover over your name in the upper-right corner. Click on Account Settings. From here, you can edit and update your personal information, change your password, and more. You can access Zinio’s FAQs at the bottom of the left sidebar.
Zinio is compatible with most PC’s, Macs, and any device that is app capable. You can find the Zinio app at the bottom of the Library portal (http://zinio.swkls.org), on Zinio.com, or by searching your device’s app store.
Downloading Magazines to a Laptop to read off line:
You will need to download two (2) programs to be able to save magazines to your laptop to read when you do not have the internet access.
If you have any questions or need help, see Zinio’s Help & FAQ page or contact your library.